LBT Medium Wheeled Load-Out Bag Review
Back in February (Presidents Day weekend), I came across a sweet deal over at London Bridge Trading Company! The “sweet deal” was a Medium, padded, Wheeled Load-out Bag for $99 shipped! So, seeing the LBT Medium Wheeled Load-Out Bag was normally priced at around $483 I figured it was too good a deal to pass up.
Here are some specs from London Bridge Trading’s product page:
Medium Wheeled Load-Out Bag with Padding
- Overall dimensions: 30L x 20W x 13H
- Volume: 7,920 cubic inches
- Wheels at base of bag facilitate transport
- Reinforced kydex bottom offers additional strength and durability
- Internal compression straps secure contents
- Document window on face of bag measures 12 x 9
- Additional document windows on each end measure 8.5 x 5
- Interior features 6 mesh pockets
- External pocket extends the length of bag; measurements: 28L x 2W x 12H
- Two smaller external pockets on opposite side; measurements: 13L x 2W x 12H
- Weight: 13 lbs
Materials / Construction
- 1000 denier Dupont Cordura
- MIL-SPEC nylon webbing
- Type E Thread (VT 295 nylon, bonded), double stitched and bar-tacked at stress points
Build quality is in line with other products that I have seen from London Bridge Trading Co. All the corners are double reinforced with a heavy duty material (not sure what). The stitching hasn’t failed at any part of the bag and it has been used hard. The materials appear heavy enough and it looks like it would be a challenge to break even for a Delta Airlines baggage handler!
The main side compartment is large enough to fit a 14″ SBR but doesn’t feature any external padding. The numerous other pockets are all spacious. Remember, this thing weighs 13 lbs empty so the more you put in………
London Bridge Trading also offers the Large Wheeled Deployment Bag and I almost bought it until thankfully I came across a review that basically said it was an enormous locker on wheels. Yes, I too read reviews!
The only negative point that I have is the strength of the velcro connecting the divider to the walls. I would like to see double the width of velcro hook on each end of the divider as sometimes it breaks loose.
Where to get it:
I should actually label this one “When to get it”, as I was able to pick mine up for $99 during the Presidents Day sale. Unfortunately, while you can still find the LBT Medium Deployment Bag on sale during holidays, from what I have seen they no longer ship with the divider. I personally wouldn’t have a use for the bag without a divider as everything is just going to float around.
You can find it here: